Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sleepless Night

I had a really bad night with Sumayah last night. So far she has been quite easy. She usually has her last feed at about 9pm then she sleeps till about 3am-ish. Last night she was so very restless. I bathed her, fed her and she had her usual nap till 9, but after that she just wouldn't sleep unless I was holding her. Everytime I put her down in her cot, 5 minutes later she'd be awake again. This went on till about 3.30 in the morning, so as you can imagine I was totally zonked! And then to top it all, depsite this lack of sleep, she was her usual bright-eyed self at 7am! Of course it didn't help that when I had to give her the 6am feed, I had to pretty much lie on the end of the bed holding Sumayah on a cushion practically off the bed because Bilaal came to creep in between hubby and I this morning! I used to be a huge fan of the Baby Sense franchise, but this whole 'put your baby down drowsy, but awake' deal... I just don't buy it. I tried to accomplish this fete with both my children without success. When I sleep trained Bilaal at 2yrs old, I didn't use the Baby Sense strategy, I rather followed the Dr. Tanya Byron's (from House of Tiny Tearaways on BBC) method and within a week he was falling asleep on  his own, in his own bed, all night. Of course this strategy is very behaviourally based so it can only be used on older babies so Sumayah is still too young.

Well... here's to hoping tonight will be better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment