Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Now that's deductive logic!

Yaasier reminded me last night of another of Bilaal's funny quips. But this story needs some background to be understood. You see as Muslim parents, from an early age we taught Bilaal how to recite the 'Shahadah', a profession of belief in the Almighty. Of course with this came an explanation that we believe in only one God we call Allah and that Allah is our all powerful creator. Naturally he enquired where Allah is. We explained that we can't see Allah, but that He is everywhere.

This brings me to my story.... Awhile ago, I think Bilaal must have been 3? I'm not sure... well anyway we were driving along when Bilaal suddenly asked, "you know the man on K 'n C (thats what he calls KFC)?"
To which we replied, "Yes he's called Colonel Saunders..."
Bilaal: "Oh, isn't he Allah?"

Shock, horror! "No! why do you think that he's Allah?"

Bilaal: "Because you said Allah is everywhere, and I see the K'nC man eeeverywhere!"

Well I guess if a dog has four legs and a cat has four legs, then a dog must be a cat right? heehee

2 comments: