Friday, November 5, 2010

Because i can!

This morning Today I was allowed myself to be lazy. My little insomniac has been up to her old sleepless habits again this week, tossing and turning and moaning in her sleep, which meant I didn't get much sleep either. Thankfully being the end of the year, work has slowed down considerably, but to be honest I am still recovering from October when everything was at its peak. The students marks needed to be in, last meetings of the year, half term, and the biggest one of all... moving. So ending this week with little sleep has really tired me out. So this morning, after another night of a whole 2 hours sleep, after Yaasier and Bilaal had left I decided that I would play with Sumayah a little till she was tired, get her to sleep and crawl back into bed right next to her, and that's exactly what I did! We fell asleep at about 9am and when I woke again it was 11am... Sumayah slept till about 11.30am, just enough time for me to have a long hot shower... heavenly! By the time we tidied up and went downstairs it was time for Sumayah's lunch and then off the fetch Bilaal at school. I didn't bother with the morning dishes or doing any laundry (thank goodness as it ended up raining heavily) and all I took out of the freezer for supper is viennas. So tonight its oven chips and viennas for supper and I will see how I feel about giving the kids a bath! Because sometimes mommies deserve to be lazy and care-free and simply not give a damn ;)

1 comment: