Monday, May 10, 2010

Where paradise lies...

Last night just before bedtime, Bilaal remarked, "I wish Mother's Day could be every Sunday!" I don't know why he was so impressed with this day (which some cynics term a commercial day), we didn't go anywhere or do anything out of the ordinary beside the lovely brekkie I posted about in my previous post.

So of course Yaasier told him, but you know Mother's Day is everyday, which took him aback. Yaasier explained to him that everyday we should love and honour and respect our mommies by being on our best behaviour and telling them everyday that we love them and that we think they are beautiful. Now I must say, while Bilaal may not be on his best behaviour at all times (and I don't expect him to be), for some reason lately he has been back to his habits of younger years of telling me every single day, "mommy I love you", "mommy you so beautiful".

Yaasier then started telling Bilaal that in Islam we are taught that Janaah (paradise) lies at the feet of thy mother. According to belief, a man once asked the prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who he should honour first, and the answer was - your mother. So the man asked, and who should we honour next, and the answer was - your mother. The man asked a third time, and who should we honour next, and again the answer was - your mother. As muslims we should honour our mothers 3 times above any other because...

         "Paradise lies at the feet of thy mother"

2 comments: