Saturday, April 10, 2010

Internet frustrations yields result!

I have been so frustrated with the internet recently. When we first arrived in JHB we got one of those vodacom internet contracts, but the connection was very unreliable especially in our house where even the cellphone reception is bad. So when we finally got our landline installed, we took one of those packages with the internet. This has been much better, although coming from the UK one gets so frustrated with the capped data! So in a bid not to waste the vodacom contract and to save the capped telkom data for more important things, I have been using the vodacom connection to upload my videos onto youtube so that I can share them here on my blog. To say that this has caused me grief and almost caused me to throw the damn modem against the wall would be an understatement! I would be connected and the video would be uploading (ultra ultra sloooowwwly) and then an hour later when I check on my little project, I find that just when it is 95% complete... the bloody device disconnects itself!

But persistant me would try and try again... I must be a sucker for punishment... until finally it works. Picture me sitting literally at the edge of my seat watching the upload bar moving that last millimetre forward and the word 'success!' appears on the screen. It's like watching a reality thriller show I tell you!

So on that note, here is a little clip of Sumayah playing peekaboo. Please enjoy it!


3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS SHE IS SO HYPER ADORABLE I WANT TO EEEEAAAAT HEEEERRRRRR!!!
    hihihihihihihii...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connection problems - clip takes too long to download. I can't see it. :-( Frustrations!

    ReplyDelete