Thursday, April 22, 2010

Adults Only!

Ok so I posted my wordless wednesday post 11 minutes into thursday, but I blame this damn internet connection. For the past 2 days the internet connection has been giving us utter misery. Go figure it decides to work at midnight. So here I am try to squeeze in a bit of blogging. I had to submit some articles today so thankfully it worked just in time for me to meet my deadline!

But I am getting lost from the reason I am posting. I was just reflecting today on how careful one needs to be when saying things to or in front of kids. Bilaal is getting to that age now when the things he sees on T.V make a huge impression on him. So age restrictions are especially important now. Whenever we hire movies we always take one family movie and one for us to watch after he has gone to bed. A while back Bilaal started asking about 'the other movie' and we would tell him that he can't watch it because it's an adult movie. So whenever a movie or programme comes on T.V when he is still awake at night that has an age restriction and we either change the channel or chase him off to bed, he would ask us if it's because it's an 'adult movie' Unwittingly we would simply say yes, but then one day Yaasier and I realised... hang on we need to rather be referring to then as 'movies not meant for children', especially after Bilaal was relaying to us how he told the class in news time that his mommy and daddy watched 'adult movies' over the weekend! I wonder what his teacher must have thought!

4 comments:

  1. Funny! You must be very careful about the phrasing of your words. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I can relate to this - read my post from a few days ago about the musice I play in my car...and what my kids said. Thanks for popping by my blog - lovely to *meet* you!

    http://simply-melb.blogspot.com/2010/03/kids-and-lyrics.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tasneem I left The Sunshine Award on my blog yesterday:
    http://momagain40.blogspot.com/2010/04/receiving-some-sunshine-award.html
    :D
    (Still struggling with the name/URL option)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just checking out the problem with url option

    ReplyDelete