Monday, January 11, 2010

What a calamity!

So maybe the title of this post is exaggerating the situation a little, but it certainly felt like a calamity at the time. On saturday I had the not-so-brilliant idea that we should all go to the gym together so Yaasier could do his workout, Bilaal and I could have a lekker swim, and Sumayah... well Sumayah was to be left at the childcare. Now bear in mind the last time I took her she was only about 3 months old and alhtough they only care for babies from 6 months they made an exception on that day because I didn't know. She was of course perfeclty fine because she had not yet developed the I-want-nobody-but-mommy syndrome yet. Well at 6 months old she most certainly has, so of course little miss mommy veskrik just screamed her little lungs out at the childcare. I was in the pool with Bilaal when they apparently called me a few times over the loudspeaker, but I didn't hear a thing. Yaasier went to get her and called me, so Bilaal and I hurriedly got out of the pool, got dressed and we all went home... after a whole 30 minutes at the gym! Needless to say none of us were very impressed with the whole situation. Well I guess we won't be trying that again in a hurry!

1 comment: