Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sleep Training Night 4

It feels like all that was done was undone last night. Sumayah woke up at the usual midnight witching hour and then again at 1.30am... then again at 2.30am... 4am... 5am...
Finally at 5.30am I fed her and she slept again till 6.30am in the bed! What happened you ask?
Well I broke all the rules that's what! I broke, crumbled, caved in... you get the picture. I just couldn't endure the crying last night so I kept giving her the dummy and yes even picking her up. But you know what i am not despondent and I shall not give up on my quest for a good night's sleep.

Tonight when I put her in her cot, when she started crying I just sat with her until she fell asleep - only 15 minutes in total. I'm quite pleases with this, so let's hope I can be stron-willed enough tonight if she wakes up again.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Tasneem! I've tried for about 5 minutes, and I am not able to listen to the crying! I hope you get your sleep! :-)

    ReplyDelete