Friday, January 8, 2010

The tummy creep

Sumayah is now 6 months old. I can't believe it! Bilaal doesn't understand this whole month age thing so he insists she is 0 years old. Now I can tell him she is actually half a year old. But chronological age aside, she is also developing at such an alarming rate. A few weeks ago she started moving forward on her tummy, slowly but surely she will get to where she wants to be. She may look like an injured soldier, but it gets the job done. The tummy creep every now and again turns into an all-fours position, but when she tries to crawl she falls flat on her tummy again. She also has a tooth coming. Well i say coming, but the ridge of the tooth has been showing very slightly for almost 3 weeks now and no sign of any upward movement yet! And then there's the continous babble. What started as spitting sounds as seen in my video post has now progressed to real babble. Now i know it's too early for words, but I swear she says 'mamma'. Well I'm just taking it as this anyway, it makes the night waking more bearable when I am rewarded with 'mamma, mamma'.

Last night while she was sleeping in my arms, just before I put her in her cot, I gave her a warm hug and kiss and told her that I love her. And I really, really do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment