Monday, January 25, 2010

Sleep Glorious Sleep... May I have some more Please?

Wow! A whole 5 hours sleep for me! After I logged off last night and went to bed at a about 10.30pm, i was fully expecting Sumayah to wake again at the dreaded midnight witching hour... but she didn't! I was so exhausted with the whole sleep training episode that I was fast asleep in no time! From eventually falling asleep at about 9.20pm, Sumayah actually sleep right through till 3.30am! So I stuck to my guns, only picking her up for a minute to settle her and put her immediately back into her cot. She fussed a little, cried a little, tossed and turned a little and after about 20 minutes she fell asleep again and sleep all the way through till 6.45am. When she woke she didn't cry, just moaned a little, so I brought her to the bed for a feed. This morning she was so pleasant, not at all clingy or upset over last night's experience so I have consoled myself that I have not emotionally damaged her in any way. This morning for her nap I wasn't as strict with the method, but still encouraged her to fall asleep on her own, and this time it only took 30 minutes as opposed to the hour from last night. So let's see how tonight pans out!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! Can't wait to hear how things go... Then I know there is hope for me yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for more sleep :D!!!
    I cant wait for the day my son sleeps through the night...

    ReplyDelete