Thursday, January 21, 2010

The tooth has emerged!

Yay! There was one particularly miserable day and voila! the tooth emerged. Now all it has to do is push upwards. So for now Sumayah is very pleasant during the day... until the next tooth breaks through that is! She still wakes every hour from midnight onward, but at least I don't have to rock her to sleep or anything. Most times I can just pat her or put the dummy in her mouth. As I said in a previous post, it's amazing how little sleep one can actually function on!

There's been quite a few other happenings since the new year... 2010 definately has some change in its pockets! For one, I have decided that I need to ease back into work, get back into my field in particular. I started my Masters when Bilaal was born, but put it on hold when we moved to the UK. I would really like to finish it, but I need to get back into the field of practice before I can do that. However as I've said before I really want to continue being the main carer to my kids if I can so I will only be working part-time. So that left the question of childcare for Sumayah. I explored different options, sought advice from various sources and have since decided to try the employ of the lady who currently works for me once a week. My husband's granny is staying with us for a while so it's the perfect opportunity to ease into it and she can suss out this lady's ability to handle Sumayah during the day. So I will in all likelihood be posting about how this is going in the near future.

Then there's the matter of Bilaal turning 5! I've been on the internet looking for castle cakes because we having a little bash for him at this place called Fantasy Park where they've got a fort and castle maze and so on so I thought I'd do a whole 'Knight and Lady' theme. With him turning 5, also comes applications for grade R for next year. For a long time now I've felt that my toddler is officially gone and in his place this... boy has appeared almost overnight! On the one hand I am enjoying his independence and ability to do things for himself, but on the other hand I miss that little doting boy who used to hug me and smother me with kisses and used to tell me every single day without fail, "mommy you beautiful". Also with an independent mind comes whole new way of communicating and reasoning. I have to remind myself to try not to get annoyed by his constant questions about EVERYTHING! I know that is a normal, important stage of development, but it can be sooo tiresome! Nonetheless he really is a charming boy and no matter how irritated I sometimes get... I love him to bits!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with all your undertakings! Great start for the new year!

    ReplyDelete