Friday, January 27, 2012

School update

After monday's traumatic school-going events (more traumatic for me than Sumayah) the week seems to have improved day by day. There has been no tears all week, in fact yesterday morning when we walked into the class, Sumayah actually shrieked with excitement at the sight of her classmates and teacher. There's nothing that puts a mum more at ease than knowing that your child loves her school. Last night she even asked me if she can go to school again with her school bag. I'm also loving that they have started potty training with her at school. When I fetch her she is usually not wearing a nappy and had been dry all morning. So this weekend we're going to get her some pretty big girl pants and officially start potty training.

Bilaal is also really enjoying school. He's only complaint is that break is shorter so there isn't alot of time to play. He's day is also alot longer now with extra-murals usually only ending at 2.30, but he's been coping really well with all the changes. He's also been surprisingly diligent with the care of his belongings when they have to change for sport etc, let's hope it lasts! This morning is the interhouse gala. It's a normal school day with the gala in the morning, but parents are welcome to attend if they wish. Last year we attended because it was his very first school sporting event he was participating in so both Yaasier and I were there to suport him. But his year I didn't feel it was neccessary to specially take off work. So this morning he actually asked me if we were coming and was quite disappointed when I said both dad and I have to work. I explained to him that it wasn't a family event otherwise they would make it on a weekend, and that his dad and I would always try our best to be there to support him at important events. I guess I underestimated the importance kids place on having parents share in their experiences. Fortunately I start work quite late and his school is on my route, so I promised him I would be there as long as I could stay, but that I would have to leave at a certain time even if he hadn't swam yet. He understood and accepted this, so now I just hope I at least get to see him swim before I have to dash off to work. Just 3 more weeks for more before I officially start the waiting game for baby to arrive!

0 comments:

Post a Comment