Monday, January 16, 2012

Exciting week ahead

This is an an exciting week in the Abrahams household. This morning, my parents and brother from the UK arrive. They've been in Cape Town for the past 2 weeks so it been nice just mentally knowing thay were close by, but today they arrive in Jozi and I am so excited! My dad was here very briefly on business some time mid last year, but the last time I spent any real quality time with them was a year ago, when I attended my sister's wedding in the UK. I'm really going to miss not having her and her hubby here too. But I am just so happy the kids will get to bond and enjoy their grandparents, even if only for a week.

This week is also exciting because Bilaal will be starting Grade 1 on Wednesday. I think the hardest thing about living in such a global village, is that loved ones often miss each other's big moments and milestones. So I am so excited that my parents will be here to experience this huge milestone in Bilaal's life. Sure he's going to have a whole fanfare waving him off to school, but what better way to start such an important day?

The other exciting happening is that I will be going for my 31 week scan and my mommy will be able to go along! I'm so excited for her to see the scan and hear the heartbeat of her little grandson that's on the way. From now on my doctor's visits will be 2 weekly, just a reminder of how soon the time is for our new little bundle to arrive.

Happy 2012 everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment