Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hey, how'd that cupboard get there?

I have been neglecting my blog for a few days now because I have been very very busy... enjoying the sun and sea in Cape Town. I am definately not complaining but all this baljaring can be very tiring. The other day we spent the whole day at the beach and you know when you return it's bath the kids, bath yourself, wet clothes in the wash, etc., etc. By the time I got into bed at 12 I was zonked! But So when Sumayah woke up at 2.30am I was less than pleased! In the pitch dark room I tried to settle her, with no idea what the time was only knowing that I felt like I had only slept 5 mimutes. Patting and shushing didn't help so I picked her up and proceeded to pace up and down with her hoping that this would lull her back to sleep. I am not totally certain how it happened, but the next thing I knew I just heard a bang and Sumayah crying! Somehow in my sleepy state I managed to close my eyes while pacing the room and walked slap bang into the cupboard... Sumayah and all! The poor child must have knocked her head lekker hard because she was crying so bitterly and I felt terrible! So I whipped out the dairies and all was forgiven... aah the beauty of breastfeeding. but the lesson to be learned - don't pace the room when you are half asleep!

1 comment: