Saturday, December 5, 2009

Good News Bad News

I am happy to report that Bilaal is no longer hurling vomit and has regained his usually ferocious apetite. As expected, it got worse before it got better, but when morning broke, so did his fever. He still didn't have much apetite, but he didn't dehydrate and I'm so glad he didn't develop diarrhea! In my last post I was on a guilt rant, but all you mothers out there, when it comes to our kids most of the time we really do know what's best. Trust your instincts, obey your thirst, Sprite! Anyway, so that's the good news.

The bad news is that today, 2 days later, Sumayah has started vomiting. This morning I heard her vomitting while in her cot, but she didn't cry or anything and up till now she hasn't developed a fever. In fact aside from the vomiting and what appears to be cramps after a feed, she seems pretty much her usual vrolike self. So I've got her sleeping on her changing mat in the cot in case she vomits in her sleep.

But, I'm a glass-half-full kinda gal... so you may be thinking where on earth do I see the bright side in the situation? Well look at it his way, it was inevitable that Sumayah would get the bug, but luckily for me she gave me a space to recover from Bilaal being sick, just long enough to to travel back to jhb, unpack and settle back home with 4 loads of washing. It could've been worse, they could've both had the bug at the same time, plus I coulda had it too! Always look on the bright side of life tada ta da...

0 comments:

Post a Comment