Friday, February 11, 2011

Nuts about Bilaal

There are some things Bilaal says that I am not sure I should post, if only for the reason that I know somewhere down the line his older self may cringe with embarrassment. Just the other day is an example of one such incident. The other day Bilaal said to his dad, "Oh now I know what this is for!", referring to his sack of boy nuts... "when I squeeze it, I get a pain in my side, so it must be for giving you a pain in your side?"

Other things he asks me are not cringe-worthy, but usually puts a smile on my face. The other day he asked me, "Mommy, when a mommy and daddy get married, must the daddy be older than the mommy?" So I explain to him that there are no rules about age, except that both people must be adults to marry, but that you don't choose a partner based on age. "Oh, because I was wondering how do you find someone that is the right age..."

And then today, while driving home he asked what is a 'female'. The more I'm telling him it's a girl or a woman, the more he's saying to me, "No! but what is a female that eats meat?!". And it goes back and forth like that with him describing a female and what it eats till he said, "... dinosaurs..." and I realised what he meant. "Oh! you mean like carnivore and herbivore, not female!" He wouldn't be the first male species to refer to the female as carnivorous beasts!

Of course the one that always make me giggle is when he asked me when he will grow spiderwebs under his arms! SO I explain to him that you don't get spiderwebs under your arms, but that when he gets older he will grow hairs on different parts of his body, using facial hair as an example. But he just kept insisting, "so there don't come spiderwebs?... but the hair does it only look like spiderwebs?..."

"Yes Bilaal"... that's seems to be my line these days.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaa....
    "Daddy is the sea like a giant river?"
    GOTTA LOVE HIM!!!!! Yassis i miss hiiiiiiimmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should publish everything. It is just sooo cute! :D

    ReplyDelete