Saturday, February 19, 2011

The lost tooth

About a week ago Bilaal asked me to look in his mouth because he could feel something strange in behind his teeth. Well it turned out it was a permanent tooth that had emerged from his gum. However it was rising behind his milk teeth so was quite a way ou already, yet his milk tooth was only slightly wobbly. Nevertheless we all got very excited at the prospect that the tooth fairy would be visiting us soon.

Well this evening Bilaal started to complain that his loose tooth was paining even if he didn't bite with it. When I checked I realised that his permanent tooth was more than halfway out already and the milky was just hanging on to the gum. I was very surprised at Bilaal's reaction when I told him the tooth needed to be pulled out. He was totally fine with it, not one bit scared or nervous about the pain. We tried tugging at it a bit, but it was hard to get a good grip. So we decide just like in Charlie and Lola he should bite with the tooth into an apple. And what do you know it worked like a charm!

So he lost his first tooth from his mouth, and then his marvelous mom did something so awful! I went to rinse the tooth in preparation for the tooth fairy, but I opened the tap too wide... And there went the tiny tooth... Down the bloody drain!
"oh no! Oh no!" I shouted from the bathroom.
"what, what?!" shouted Bilaal from the lounge.
"oh no! I'm so sorry Bilaal, your tooth fell down the drain!"
And then of course his expression...well I took that as my punishment for being so careless with such precious commodity. But immediately I saved the situation with some creative licence afforde all parents. I told him not to worry because the minute your tooth comes out, the fairy knows about it and that would still be coming. So we wrote the tooth fairy a little apology note explaining what happened. I told Bilaal that if we put it under his pillow in the special tooth bag (I have a little organza bag) then she will be able to use her special fairy magic to find it in the drain and if she does she will still leave him a coin. He was very satisfied with this arrangement and went to bed a happy boy.

As we speak he is trying his very best to fall asleep despite the excitement. My next challenge: shit I just realised I don't have any money on me!

To be continued...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

0 comments:

Post a Comment