Friday, December 3, 2010

Body language of a wasvrou

I can handle mischievious, I can handle naughty, I can handle the physicality of a wild reckless child who writes on walls and tries to 'climb' the curtains. But what I absolutely cannot handle, the thing that really makes my blood boil... is THE SULK. The sulk that says "I don't care what you do for me or give me, the only thing I care about is that one thing you said 'no' to". It's the behaviour that can really turn me into a ranting crazy woman, usually in the car, and to no effect at all! But what I realised just the other day, is that while I am 'losing it' in the privacy of my car, my body language displays this to everyone NOT in the car. I was shouting at Bilaal again while driving home from the shops and while shouting, I noticed the man in the car alonside me looking at me, but then he drove slightly ahead and I continued on my mission to get my point across to someone who wasn't listening to me anyway no matter how loud I 'spoke'. Then we stopped at a traffic light and I pulled up alongside same said driver. He looked at me again, and then his expression changed from a casual glance in my direction to shere fright. I swear all I could see was white eyeball as though he had just seen a ghost. All the while I was continueing with my rant, the other part of my brain was simultaneously registering that, hang on, the source of this man's fear... was me! As he was slightly ahead of me, looking back at me in the driver's seat, he couldn't see my kids in the car. All he saw was this crazy wasvrou with anger and frustration seething out of her eyes and they were glaring in his direction! Poor guy, he probably thought I was scolding at him! Now I know I should try to practice more patience and restraint with Bilaal, but boy is it hard, I just don't have the willpower. But this incident, while in retrospect I see the humour in it, has made me realise that I need to have even greater resolve to find the softestness and patience in me that for some wierd reason people always assume I have. Aah ya ne, we'll see if I can post all about my success in this regard in future.

1 comment:

  1. Us Moms all need to take a breather, and try to do it better next time! :D

    ReplyDelete