Monday, February 15, 2010

First the one then the other!

So just when Bilaal was feeling better from the tonsilitis, Sumayah started with a fever! It started on Friday afternoon, but the fever was quite mild and she was pretty much her usual self, maybe only just a little lethargic, but not to the extent that she couldn't stay awake. She was still eating normally, shouting normally, playing normally. So I put it down to teething. But then Friday night her fever just spiked to 39 degrees! When neurofen, sponging, nakedness and the fan didn't bring the temperature down I started to worry. Her behaviour was pretty much still the same, but on Saturday morning I thought she bit too big a piece of apple and I was trying to fish it out of her mouth, she cried of course and that's when I noticed little white spots at the back of her throat. So off the doctor with us. After examining her the doctor said that Sumayah must have a really high pain threshold because she actually has really bad strep throat and the doctor was really surprised that Sumayah was still eating normally! What can I say the girl loves her food! So was I advised that from now on at the first sign of even illness i should rather take Sumayah to the doctor because she may be the kind of child that won't show any signs of distress even when it's something serious! The doctor really didn't want to give her antibiotics, but there wasn't an alternative. Bilaal finishes his course today and Sumayah finishes hers on Wednesday. But guess what I feel like i'm coming down with something too! NO!!! I refuse! I'm gonna pump myself with vitamins and tissue salts and hope to avoid the nasties in the air. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tasneem. There is definitely a lot of bugs going around! We refused to get sick as well. Ignored it completely. :-)
    LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame man :( I reeeeeeaaally hope you don't get sick too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Rock Star Blogger Award for you on my blog...come pop in and "pick" it up :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i hope you dont get sick, i have picked up a bug from somewhere and cant say it is bringing me any joy;-)
    hope your little one is better soon too.

    ReplyDelete