Monday, February 8, 2010

The birthday was a huge success!

Bilaal's birthday part which caused me great stress is done and dusted and he had a fabulous time! Everything went off well and we were even on time! We are notorious for always being late, particularly when it involved early mornings. So seeing as Bilaal's party was from 9am on a saturday...! I know what were we thinking right? Well actually most people actually prefer a morning party because then they still have the rest of their sat to go to the shops etc.

But anyway, we hired a venue but everything else was pretty much do-it-yourself. I made chocolate cake, carrot cake, eclairs, cupcakes and of course the birthday cake. Because th place was called fantasy park and had a castle maze and fort climbing frame, i decided to go for a 'knights and fair maidens' theme. So I made a castle cake. It's amazing what help you can find on the internet! I looked at a few examples, took note of a few tips and voila!


I prayed all week for good weather and what a relief when we had such glorious sunshine. The kids really had a ball and Bilaal said it was the best birthday ever! But i have to say next year I am not going through the stress again. I already decided next year he can invite 2 or 3 of his friends for a movie and mcdonalds!

1 comment: