Thursday, April 18, 2013

Whatsonyourblogginmind

My dear friend and one of my indispensible support pillars Nasima has started her own blog titled From Nasima, With Love. Nasima just so happens to be one of my first and biggest blog fans when I started this journey almost four years ago. And while I have drifted in and out of the blogosphere, Nasima has steadily relished her private time engaging with the expressions of others. So I am so excited that she has finally taken the plunge and joined our blogommunity of mom bloggers. I dedicate this post to her because I have enjoyed reading her posts so much that it is she who has in fact inspired me to reconnect with my own blog once again.

And in typing up this post it got me thinking about how much I admire the gusto with which she came into this world of public self-disclosure, but also how much I value the support I have from friends like her, both near and far. My blog has always been about my kids and their antics, and the occasional rant about the frustrations I feel within my role as mom. But I don't think I have ever given a truly personal reflection of my own emotional journey as a person and a mom. When Nasima openly introduced herself to the blogosphere declaring her struggles with postnatal depression I had such admiration. Its rather ironic that as a mental health professional myself I advocate for being open about the emotional and mental struggles human beings inevitably face, yet I myself find it incredibly difficult to admit feeling defeated or vulnerable at times. And this is where that network of friends are so invaluable...starting with my best friend...my hubby. I never blog about him because even more so than me he is an intensely private person. So I have never felt it my right to blab about him to the world in this space. But in doing so I have also not shared one of the most crucial facets of myself as an individual and as a parent in this space. Yaasier and I have been on a gloriously eventful adventure together, through the 3 years before we were married and the 11 years since, and now we are about to extend that journey with yet another passenger in tow. And I love him even more as our journey continues...

But of course every gal needs her girlfriends and I am so lucky to have the kind of 'sisters' who are always ready with a sympathetic ear, a non-judgemental ear, and don't expect anything in return. The kind of friends that you don't need to be in contact with everyday to feel you can reach out when a helping hand is needed. And Nasima Joulay happens to be one such friend to me. I can only hope that I reciprocate sufficiently. So whoever you may be who reads my blog, do pop on over to From Nasima, with Love over at www.whatsonyourblogginmind.blogspot.com and enjoy.

From Tasneem, with Love :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment