Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Meet Yusuf

Although I have blogged about Yusuf before, I don't think I ever truly reflected on the influence he's had on my life, and who this unique little addition to our family really is. Partly due to my long blogging absence, partly due to the fact that, post hospitalisation for bronchiolitis, post needing grommets at 2 months old; Yusuf has been a pretty 'easy' baby. He has always been, and continues to be a cheerful little soul, smiling more than not, sleeping well more than not, always interactive and loving toward everyone. Don't misunderstand...I am not claiming that everything is breezy this time round. He gets sick very often, which any parent knows is very stressful and tiring. But even at his most miserable, he'll always find room for a smile. I'm aware it may just be that in contrast to Sumayah, who woke up 10 days after her birth and just turned our world upside down, raising Yusuf seems less...challenging. And while that spirited, lively nature is what we love about Sumayah, it is a stark, yet refreshing contrast to have such a joyful and contented child.

At this age, glimpses of a child's personality usually starts to emerge and as I get to know this new little man in my life I thought it only fitting to celebrate his existance through my blog. As young as he is, he already knows how to turn on the charm. He has this way of looking at you that makes you want to give him the world! Now that he's walking he is crazy busy,he loves being outdoors, and as much as it makes him behave very mischievously, I absolutely adore his natural curiosity. And with that curiosity comes real determination, a trait I hope I nurture rather than cripple in attempts to keep him out of harms way. It amazes me how, after only one year in this world he is able  to  figure things out just by trying again and again and how quickly he already learns from our actions and behaviours. This also happens to be the age when separation anxiety kicks in and he is definately showing signs of attachment to me. If I had to describe him in just one word?...Joyful! And I love him to bits.

0 comments:

Post a Comment