Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Not a wordless wednesday

I realise that today is supposed to be picture day, but I have been neglecting my blog for a while now so I thought I'd make an exception. I have been very busy lately but mostly I just haven't had the creative energy to express my self verbally so blogging has taken a back seat. In the mean time the kids have grown so much in such a short time. Sumayah has had her 2nd birthday and we recently had to put in our application for Bilaal for Grade 1 next year! I just cannot believe how quickly this year is going!

Sumayah continues to be a whirlwind of energy and Bilaal's calm and charming nature just seems to provide the perfect balance. He said to us the other day, "when I asked Allah for a sister, I didn't think she would be like this!"

They are at that age now where they actually play well together so it gives us a chance to have a bit of a lie in on weekends. They will happily entertain each other in their rooms while we catch a few extra winks. Of course they have their moments where you hear crying or screaming as they fight like all siblings do, but we don't get up and intervene unless they come complaining that someone got hurt. I have learned a while ago that as a parent you sometimes you just have to chill and let them figure it out by themselves. And believe me after less than a minute we hear them laughing again. Another thing I am totally chilled about compared to when Bilaal was a toddler is the morning routine. On weekends I have no guilt letting them wait till 10.30 sometimes 11 for their brekkie, because guess what?... They survive! If they are busy having fun and haven't come to tell me they're hungry yet (and I assure you Sumayah Will come and tell me), why should I stress? I have far fonder memories of my sister and I playing in our pjs till late on a sunday morning and my dad having a good chill in bed, reading the sunday paper than remembering having breakfast before a certain time. So here's to happy childhood memories.


0 comments:

Post a Comment