Saturday, January 8, 2011

insomnia strikes again!

1.5 hours! That's how long it took for Sumayah my little insomniac to fall asleep! I cannot describe what that feels like to me. It starts with annoyance, then progresses to irritation, which mounts into frustration, till I become so overwhelmed that I just want to cry! About an hour after trying everything from walking with her to sitting to lying, with rocking and patting to singing and praying, and still watching her eyes droop and roll but never shutting... At this point I normally tell myself that if she's not sleeping within the next 15 minutes I'm giving up. Only to find myself half an hour later still trying and eventually she does fall asleep. But there' been times when I have found myself feeling hopeless after 2 hours of feeling frustrated alone in the dark and then just bringing her out of the room awake and ready to play! What adds to the frustration is that there doesn't seem to be a logical reason that she struggles to fall asleep. She's not crabby... On the contrary, she lies quietly and you can see her teetering on the edge of blissful slumber but no amount of pushing on my part will get over to fall in. Her eyes will roll close momentarily, sparking in me some hope, only for her to roll her lids back up again. I really don't know what to do about this except to hope that she will outgrow this problem... Hopefully soon!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment