Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Rub-a-dub-dub 3 kids in a tub

My super awesome hubby has provided me with the welcome support needed to maintain my sanity during the bath/ bedtime routine during the week. I am a very lucky lady with the priviledge of an au pair who comes monday to thursday from 5pm till 8pm to help me get the kids ready for bedtime. Thanks babes. It takes the edge off, minimises the shouting, permits me to laugh more with the kids, and enables me to have some quiet bonding time with Uthmaan without needing to pull Yusuf off the top bunk while Uthmaan in attached to the dairy.

And then the weekends happen... Because the routine is more lax and theres less pressure to get everybody to bed for school the next day, I don't feel stressed by this time of day on the weekends. Having said that, the evening wind down with 3 kids under 4 (Bilaal is thankfully very independent) is still quite chaotic. But with Uthmaan getting bigger and more sturdy, I have discovered that co-bathing them is fun for the kids, contains them all in one space at the same time, and is less chaotic for me. When you have so many kids, you find what works for you until the next challenge comes along. All part of the mumdrum of life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment